1. Test your Remote control Batteries: Cool right? Well Surprisingly enough yes, this is another one of the many things your phone can easily do, this feature can help you out when your remote control is not working and you’re not sure whether it has to do with batteries or not. So if you don’t want to rush to the supermarket to check your remote control diet, just pull out your smartphone and start the camera application, then take the remote control and place it before the camera then press any button.
If you see a red or pinkish light coming from the tip of the remote when you look through your phone display then it means that the infrared signal is working properly and the problem in this case is the batteries, some digital camera cannot detect the infrared signal.
2. Measure Distance and Object with Your phone: You never know where you will need to measure something and at times it is quite necessary and essential as it often happens all of a sudden. You feel the urge to redecorate the house but you don’t have tape measure at hand or you want to measure an object but it seems like an impossible task because of its size.
Well now it’s not a problem anymore cause technology has made things easy and handy for you with some phone application like “Rule App ,DISTANCE METER and Sizeup”, which will let you measure anything you want quickly and easily, this applications will help you deal with any challenge in the blink of an eye. Just download and enjoy the special features.
It also has features which allow you save at metric or imperial units to your preference.
3. Sending Messages From Your PC: Did your phone battery die unexpectedly and you need to get in touch with your friend or co-workers? With the Application called
“Mighty Text”, you won’t miss a thing, it syncs your phone and computer or tablet and gives you the opportunity to manage SMS and MMS from your email.
All messages linked to your phone number will appear on your computer screen and you can also find your text inbox so nothing will get lost, this app also allows you store your photos to your computer with just couple of clicks.
4. Drive safely: This days people spend a lot of time on the wheel and your phone can make this daily experience way more comfortable. If you’re driving in the dark and you want to keep your eye constantly on the road, you can download a certain application called “HUDWAY” which will come in handy.
This application makes you drive more safely especially when it is raining or snowing outside, it also clears the vision when there’s fog plus it’s very easy to use. Just put your phone on the dashboard adjust the brightness settings and you will have all the information you need, your driving speed gets projected through a GPS enabled map on your windshield. Make sure your phone screen is bright enough for you to see the projection.
5. Keep Yourself Safe: Safe security is one of the top priorities of any person no matter the age or gender especially now that the rate of insecurity on the continent is at an unimaginable high. Your phone can also come to your aid in a critical moment of insecurity you find yourself especially If you often come home late in the evening and feel unsafe on the street.
There are applications which you can download like “B Safe” which may help you to calm your nerves and deal with any potential danger, it will not only send an SOS message to your emergency contacts but will also record video and audio, track your GPS location and set a timer that will automatically send an alarm to your friends if you don’t turn it off in time, these options will allow your friends and family to quickly react in any dangerous situation and come to your rescue.
They will know exactly where you are, what is happening and how they can help. It can even save you from bad dates or any other unpleasant situation with the “fake call” option. This app should be one of the essentials on any phone especially at this present time of insecurity everywhere so that you will feel safe and sound.
Stay Tuned to this Channel for more Smart Phone usage tips, Application updates, New gadgets and Tech options from around the globe.